We’ve recently been researching the health benefits of matcha green tea and we’ve realised that this is super awesome stuff! Matcha tea contains a unique, potent class of antioxidant known as catechins, which aren't found in other foods. It’s health benefits include being highly nutritious + providing antioxidants that are linked to fighting cancer, viruses and heart disease as well as boosting metabolism. It also contains chlorophyll, a powerful detoxifier, that removes harmful toxins and fights off damaging cells needed to protect our skin. Therefore Matcha is particularly good for acne.
Being a superhero amongst teas, we thought it was time for our founder Hayley to develop a recipe for matcha tea protein balls. These little green balls of goodness have all the antioxidants of matcha mixed with proteins for digestion, protection, immunity + tissue repair + growth. Enjoy a few of these every day and you won’t ever have to see the doctor!
4 medjool dates
2 tsp pistachio nuts - shelled and chopped
1 level tsp almond butter
1 tbsp protein powder
2 tsp matcha powder
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp chia seeds
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1. Pit and break up the medjool dates and add them to a bowl
2. Add the chopped pistachio nuts, almond butter, matcha powder, coconut oil, chia seeds + protein powder of your choice
3. Remove the seeds from one vanilla pod + add to the mixture
4. Now it’s time to start mixing! Squash all of the ingredients in the bowl with your hands until they are all mixed together and soft to touch
5. Break off small pieces of the mixture and roll into 10 balls
6. Decorate by rolling them in matcha + enjoy!