Easter is around the corner + we all know that feeling of over indulging on chocolate at this time of year. If it’s not your own Easter eggs your munching on, then it’s the kids left overs. And of course we never feel healthy after the big Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday.
If you don’t want to break your healthy eating habits over this chocolate filled period, then try making our indulgent salted caramel protein ball recipe over the Easter weekend + enjoy Easter without the guilt. We have to say this is one of our favourite protein ball recipes to make + it always hits the spot if we’re craving chocolate or something sweet!
6 medjool dates
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp protein powder of your choice
1 tbsp honey
2 tsps raw cacao powder
1 tsp chopped almonds
1 tsp chopped walnuts
1 tsp cacao nibs
1/2 tsp salted caramel flavouring
1. Pit and break up the medjool dates and add them to a bowl
2. Add the almond butter, protein powder, honey, cacao powder, almonds, walnuts, cacao nibs and salted caramel flavouring to the bowl
3. Start mixing! Squash all of the ingredients in the bowl with your hands until they are all mixed together and soft to touch
4. Break off small pieces of the mixture and roll into 10 balls
5. Decorate by dusting them in cacao powder + enjoy!