The most indulgent time of year is on it’s way and we are rolling around with excitement! Here at The Protein Ball Co, we can help you enjoy sweet treats without the guilt.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to sugary sweets this festive season, try making our Christmas protein ball recipe - all your favourite flavours of Christmas rolled up into one all-natural ball of goodness.
This deliciously moreish healthy snack is high in protein and is perfect for enjoying with a mug of hot chocolate whilst curling up in your slippers. They’re great for a sweet treat to hand out at Christmas parties too!
This recipe has been created by our founder Hayley and makes 10 delicious festive protein balls. Check out the video of Hayley making them in her own kitchen at the bottom of this blog post or on our Youtube account here.
4 medjool dates
1 tablespoon of almond butter
Pinch of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of crushed walnuts
1 level tablespoon of protein powder of your choice
Pinch of grated nutmeg
Pinch of ground cardamon
1 level tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of orange juice
1. Pit and break up the medjool dates and add them to a bowl
2. Add the almond butter and cinnamon to the bowl
3. Crush some walnuts in a pestle and mortar and add into the bowl
4. Then add the protein powder of your choice, nutmeg, cardamon and the honey
5. Finally juice half a lemon and half an orange and add to the bowl
6. Now it’s time to start mixing! Squash all of the ingredients in the bowl with your hands until they are all mixed together and soft to touch
7. Break off small pieces of the mixture and roll into 10 balls
8. Decorate by sprinkling some cinnamon over the top and enjoy!